[Return to contents]
Versions of Approach for OS/2
Last updated: 21 Jun 2003
"Approach for OS/2 Warp 4" was launched in 1998 as part of SmartSuite for OS/2 for Warp 4. It didn't have a version number. It was presumably equivalent to Approach for MS-Windows vME. Approach for OS/2 files are fully compatible with Approach 97 for Windows files (also used by Approach for MS-Windows vME and releases 9.*) and are not converted. Older files will be converted in the same way that v97 would convert them.
- v1.1 released December 1998. A minor update including some 'Euro Support', Y2K enhancements such as sliding windows, and bug fixes (of course!)
- v1.1.1 released July, 1999. A free bug fix update for v1.1. You can download it from http://www-3.ibm.com/software/lotus/support/approach/support.html
- v1.5 released December 1999. A minor release update containing more up to date import filters and updated LotusScript(v4.0)
- v1.6 released early 2001. It is an upgrade not a bug fix.
- v1.7 released Jan 2002. Another costly upgrade.
- v 1.7.1 released late 2002. An unannounced bug fix mentioned in some technotes, but only available to those with a Smartsuite support
contract. This includes those that have purchased Smartsuite maintenance
from Passport Advantage or those that have purchased eCS Upgrade