[Return to contents]
Other information sources about LotusScript
Last updated: 24 Sep 2010
* A lot of the sources of information about Approach shown above will also include information about LotusScript
- Don't forget to have a good look through the examples that come with Approach in templates, saved smartmasters etc...
- See the Approach User Support Links page for some helpful web sites: http://www.johnbrown.com.au/approach/links.htm
- LotusScript for Dummies (ISBN: 1-56884-638-X) I D G Books
- Chapter 8 of "Developing SmartSuite Applications Using LotusScript". This book is on the SmartSuite CD in .pdf format which you read using Adobe Acrobat which is also on the CD, or you can download it from the PSC SmartSuite Developers site in the Resources section (
http://suitedev.psclistens.com/lotus/smtsuite/smtstdev.nsf/?Open) or by searching for the title at http://www.lotus.com.
- "60 minute guide" for Notes LotusScript. This book assumes that you an understanding of programming background.
- The LotusScript Language Reference, a comprehensive summary of the LotusScript language, presented in A-Z format. The LotusScript Language Reference is available as Help in all Lotus products that support LotusScript.
- The LotusScript Programmer's Guide, a general introduction to LotusScript that describes it's basic building blocks and how to put them together to create applications. It is on the SmartSuite CD-ROM in .pdf format, and is also available for download (alone with other documents) from Lotus' SmartSuite Products pages (accessible via the Approach User Support Links page mentioned above).
- The 'LotusScript Expression Assistant' is a programming tool available by searching for the title at http://www.lotus.com, which can apparently help you learn LotusScript language faster, and is useful to rethink ideas and which arguments can/must be used.